Museum Outreach programs offer an opportunity for a Storrowton Staff member to visit your school, social group or site and deliver a lively and interesting presentation on a specific historic era or topic. Dressed in period costume and accompanied by authentic artifacts relevant to the presentation, our docent will present a fascinating glimpse into the lives and times of a bygone age.
Presentation topics include:
- The Underground Railroad Movement in the Springfield Area
- A Visit With a Civil War Soldier
- New Englanders Traveling with the Lewis and Clark Expedition
- Apprenticeship in 18th Century Boston
- Knox Trail Journey through Western Massachusetts
- Early Schooling and Center Villages
- A Hessian Soldier’s Perspective of the American Revolutionary War
- Paddy on the Railway: Irish Immigrants in the Building of the Western Railroad
You are welcome to consult with Museum Staff regarding these or other specialized topics for your target audience. Reservations must be made at
least 3 weeks in advance.
Call (413) 205-5051 for rates and availability.