THE PHILLIPS HOUSE (C. 1767)The Phillips House was built in 1767, making it the oldest building here at Storrowton Village. This gambrel-roofed house once stood on High Street in Taunton, Massachusetts prior to its move. With its hand-hewn oak sills and beams, hand-split reinforced laths, hand-forged nails, and hand-shaped bricks laid in the chimney and fireplaces, it is a shining example of early workmanship. Built-in cupboards, handsome woodwork, and natural light-soaked rooms thanks to oversized, multi-pane windows feature prominently in this building. Today, the building is used for the museum's administrative offices and gift shop. Fun fact: More than a dozen families called this building their home so its full name could officially be The Phillips-McKinistry-Russell-Thurston-Seaver-Foster-Brewer-Foster-Redfern House.