More Exciting Events

Home > Visit > Our Historical Buildings > The Eddy Law Office

The Eddy Law Office


of

The Eddy Law Office (c.1810)

The Eddy Law Office was built in 1810 in Middleboro, Massachusetts. This small, Federal style building is typical of the one and two-room offices built by professionals who wanted to move their occupational offices into dedicated spaces outside the home. For Zachariah Eddy, a prominent attorney in the 19th century, this office was the center of his legal work and a hot-bed of political and religious discussions. The distinctive feature of this building is its arched, copper roof. The Eddy Law Office was moved to Storrowton Village in 1929 and Helen Storrow’s foresight to preserve architecture makes this structure the only existing example of this style of construction from this time period.
of
Back to
Top
< Back
X