The Potter Mansion originally stood in North Brookfield, Massachusetts. Its builder was Captain John Potter, a skilled mechanic and tradesman who served as an army officer during the Revolutionary War. He built the house by hand over the span of ten years and it is known for elaborate ornamental woodworking both inside and out. Three rooms on the first floor are part of the museum – a parlor, a dining room, and a kitchen with oversized fireplace, brick bake oven and pine cabinetry – with additional rooms open during special programs and events. The home was occupied by generations of Potters until it passed out of the hands of the family in 1920. It was moved to Storrowton Village in 1929. The attached F. A. Potter Store hosts Storrowton’s Christmas Shop during The Big E and Yuletide celebrations. The second floor is currently used for staff offices and the museum library.