Storrowton’s Meeting House was originally located in Salisbury, New Hampshire, where it stood at Smith’s Corner and was known as the “Union Meeting House.”
Members of four religious denominations combined their efforts to build the Meeting House where each (Methodist, Christian, Congregational and Universalist) could alternately use the pulpit.
In 1929, the Meeting House was brought to Storrowton timber by timber. The paneled wainscoting, pews of unpainted pine and choir gallery were put back in place. In another New Hampshire town, a pulpit was found which now graces this building. A bell cast in 1851 was taken from an old church in Neponset, Mass., and a clock was also installed.
The Meeting House is the postcard-perfect focal point of Storrowton Village. It faces south and serves as the site of programs about 19th century life, re-enactments and a hundred weddings annually.