Storrowton Village Museum hosts its Yuletide festival annually in early December. Decorated through the generosity of area garden clubs, florists and designers, the Village buildings burst with innovative and original ideas to turn a home into a holiday wonderland. Find beautiful wreaths, swags, garlands, fresh evergreens and all natural materials around every corner of Storrowton's buildings.
Our only expectations for design are that it be your group’s interpretation of the 19th century and must include a natural element. We welcome both traditional and contemporary interpretations! Please be respectful of the interpretation and design choices of other decorators.
- Do not move any items/artifacts in our buildings, including furniture, without the permission and assistance of a Storrowton Village Museum staff member.
- Table top and full-size cut trees are permitted (cannot touch the ceilings). The Museum has a limited number of faux trees available for decorator use on first come, first served basis.
- Areas for traffic flow must be maintained in all rooms for visitors to pass through, and for fire safety.
- Push pins are permitted to affix decorations in areas where holes currently exist. Command strips and similar adhesives are permitted in limited locations. Please see a staff member for specific guidelines before applying any adhesive. Do not drive in nails or screws where they do not presently exist without receiving prior authorization.
- Decorations must be situated so that water, sap or other liquids will not drip, stain, or soak into wall coverings, textiles or furniture.
We cannot continue success with our Yuletide events without the hard work and dedication of our decorators. Decorators receive
- Access to invitation-only Yuletide Preview event.
- Discounted admission for decorator & a guest to one of our paid Yuletide Events.