THE POTTER MANSION (C. 1776)
Built in 1776, the Potter Mansion originally stood in North Brookfield, Massachusetts and belonged to Captain John Potter, a skilled tradesman who served as an army officer during the Revolutionary War. He built the home as a residence for his family, which included 15 children between himself and two wives, Lydia and Rhoda. The house was built over the span of ten years and features ornamental woodworking inside and out. The first floor museum spaces are a parlor, a dining room, and a kitchen with an oversized hearth, brick bake oven and pine cabinetry. The home was occupied by generations of Potters until it passed out of the hands of the family in 1920. It was moved to Storrowton Village in 1929. The attached General Store hosts Storrowton’s Christmas Shop (hours available here
). The second floor is currently used for staff offices and the museum library.